Cybersecurity Executive & Trusted Advisor
Dr. Earl Crane, PhD, CISSP
I am a cybersecurity executive and trusted advisor to public and private sector organizations, where I have a track record of success helping them to manage their strategy, risk and cybersecurity programs.
I have extensive experience in the security field, having worked at early security startups, the White House National Security Council, the financial sector and other Fortune 100s. From 2015-2018 I founded and ran Emergynt, a digital risk management platform based on my PhD research.
I am offering an executive security consulting service, where we provide strategic cyber risk management to leading CISOs and security executives. I also provide CISO-as-a-service, supporting firms looking to hire their first CISO or fill a need after a significant event.
I can draw insights to help address your specific challenge from an extensive network of CISOs - from teaching hundreds of cybersecurity experts over 18 years at Carnegie Mellon to interfacing with many leading government and banking security executives.
- Risk executive-as-a-service and sourcing support leading to a full-time placement
- Insights as a cybersecurity risk executive for multiple financial institutions, technology firms, and government agencies.
- Creating innovative cybersecurity products and platforms from concept to market delivery for public and private sector organizations
- Providing board-level cybersecurity expertise (NACD)
- FedRAMP cloud security authorization support and insight, with expertise in Amazon Web Services
- Trusted advisor to board executives for their Cybersecurity strategy, policy and governance
Cyber Program Execution:
- Providing deep federal government insights and support, as a director for White House National Security Council and Homeland Security executive
- Breach response and threat mitigation, having led responses to multiple large-scale incidents and threat management programs
- Develop and deploy infrastructure for cyber and digital risk operations
- Risk management, governance and compliance programs with extensive metrics, KRIs, and KPIs, with specialized expertise in banking and government